16 Aug 2014

Special Press Conference: Young Swiss abroad


This is a special piece for our blog about the press conference on Thursday morning. Kiko, Manuel and I went to it because they wanted some young, German-speaking (sorry Kiko) Auslandschweizer for a radio interview afterwards. The press conference started at 10.45 and Manual was the last arriving because he couldn’t find the correct building. (It’s this one on the left).




The theme of the conference was the Auslandschweizerkongress in Baden and especially E-voting, the ability for Auslandschweizer to vote online. Some important people shared their opinion about E-voting. For example, Jacques-Simon Eggly, the president of ASO and Dr. Uwe Serdült of the Zentrum for Demokratie. I think the conclusion was that E-voting is a brilliant possibility for Auslandschweizer, because it is easy to use, and that it can also be used for Inlandschweizer. The problem was though that they talked French at some point and I couldn’t follow it anymore. 

Afterwards, Manual and I were interviewed in German by two regional radio stations of Aargau/Solothurn (SRF Regionaljournal and Radio Argovia). We were asked questions like: ‘What swiss food do you like most?’  ‘Would you use E-voting (if you were 18)?’ and ‘What do you know about the Swiss?’ It was the first radio interview for me and I think I prefer the Dutch language for the next one (if that ever happens), because sometimes I didn’t know what they wanted to hear or how I should say something in German. Oh, and I don’t make stupid grammar mistakes in Dutch off course..

The link to the article (with the audio from the interview http://www.srf.ch/news/regional/aargau-solothurn/die-fuenfte-schweiz-zu-gast-im-kanton-aargau)



No comments:

Post a Comment