23 Jun 2013

Weekend

So. Yesterday we woke up around 9am to head over to Stans to go grocery shopping for lunch and dinner. It was pretty cool due to the fact that there was a Farmers Market going on at the time and it was amazing to see so many greens and yummies that looked fresher than what I'm used to. It was a bit awkward though since we couldn't speak any German, but we survived. Heading back to the apartment, we had brunch and hung out till we headed back to Stans to see a German version of the brothers Grimm Sleeping Beauty at 2pm. The actors were ahaying and although I couldn't understand 99.99% of what was being said, I got the story well enough to enjoy it. 
That night, we were in charge of dinner and decided to make tacos. Sadly, our host mother desnt really care for cumin so we missed having it in our meat, but we somehow made up for its absence as the family enjoyed the meal. Happiness....

Today, Alej let us sleep in till midday, but my alarm decided to be evil and go off at 6am after I'd forgotten to shut it off. And it was all the way across the room so this morning, at 6am, I dragged myself out of bed and stumbled across the room to make the stupid thing shut up. For some weird reason, even though I got back to sleep, waking up at midday was a pain for me. Alej enjoyed taking pictures though.

Alej had already woken up earlier and had made a batch of chocolate chip cookies for our host family, and so far their a hit. They may not be the same because of the slight differences due to the absence of some ingredients, but they're still really good.
 Later, it started to rain and Alej and i couldn't resist but go for a walk out in the rain. Alej took a sweater and umbrella with her, me, t-shirt and jeans. Cold. It was still fun though and I just changed into a long-sleeve and sweats when we got back inside to regain the heat that I lost.


In the end, it was a good weekend. I'm gonna miss all this green when we leave...

-Jessica and Alejandra Villa

No comments:

Post a Comment