23 Jun 2013

Hullo.

 Friday was our Zoo day, a very exciting day, especially since we were able to meet up with Keya. Alej had us wake up early again today so we could stay on schedual and make it to the train station in Basel in time to meet up with her, so it was a day when we woke up early. Again.
We munched on bread, ham and potatoes for our breakfast, assuming it was enough, but when we walked into the Coop at the Luzern train station, we realized it wasn't quite. I ended up gettting a blueberry muffin (which was AMAZING) and a coca cola while Alej went for a tempting miniture loaf of bread. We both enjoyed our second breakfasts as we waited for our next train.

On the train itself, there was a young woman who boarded on the first stop and asked if she could steal the seat next to me because it was convinient for her and her baby. I consented of course, saying no would be rude on so many levels and I was no reaon to refuse. Besides, who turns down the chance to sit next to an adorable baby? They'd have to be out of their mind....
ANYWAY, I had fun playing with the little guy and the mother soon caught on that Alej and I spoke yero German and understood zilch. Still, she trusted me to keep an eye on and care for her child as she fixed her hair to keep it out of baby-reach. It's interesting yet comforting to see how much trust there is between people here. In America, a woman would most likely never trust her baby with a total stranger. I ended up helping the mother by carring the baby off the train as she rushed to get the stroller off the train, it waits for no one. He behaved himself in my arms and allowed me to carry him off the train without any problems. I dont care what guys say about girls and babies, theyre amazing and can totally make your day.
We got to the train station in Basel at the right time and wandered around on our platform in search of Keya and luckily found her. After our awkward introductions, we  headed for the Zoo, following the helpful signs and laughing as the awkwardness began to fade. It was interesting having someone around who could speak German, and pretty helpful when a German dude told me off for being in the way....in German. I couldn't understand a thing, but she just told him to chill. My awkward American moment was saved.
 
 (animal picture.....sleeping rihno)
 LUNCH was full of laughter.


Water is a necessay thing.
Gotta love smiles


SUNGLASSES BUDDIES!!!
 We found Hedwig!!!
 These were the fluffiest and fattest chickens I've ever seen. Some of them even had afros that would stick out everywhere.


-Jessica and Alejandra Villa

No comments:

Post a Comment