13 Jun 2013

Jessica and Alejandra Villa:
We just arrived in Stans, Switzerland where we finally got to meet our host family for the first time. Its strange not being able to understand what most people are saying, but I guess its a good thing to realize that this is how it feels for a lot of people when they arrive in a new place...
SLEEPING was the one and only thing on my mind when we got to the apartment where we were to be housed for the next two weeks. So, naturally, we plopped down on the beds we were given and slet as much as we could. 
We woke up this morning at about 5 am and watched as the sun rose over the green mountains and came to greet us over the tall houses and pastures that surround us. 
So far, even though we've only been to train stations and on trains, I've learned that paying attention is necessaary. We missed a train because we walked too slow and had to wait another 20 minutes to catch the next.
It's so beautiful here....after the busy, crowded and urban streets of San Jose, CA, the moutintains, pastures, farms, trees, you name it. It's an amazing place to be, and everwhere you look, it's like there's something new to discover or learn. (the keyboards for instance, they seem to have switched the "y" and "z".... :P )
I'm already excited to explore, but I have to admit it's kinda weird being in a foreign country with just your sister to keep you company from home. Homesickness has gotten to me at times...but I'll survive :)

1 comment:

  1. Hope you got out today to see some of the beautiful city and sights. I walked about 6 miles from the hostel around the city to see the lion and the bridges and Old Town. I was looking amongst groups of teenagers wondering if you were within one of them. Pictures where are the pictures? Tomorrow I am leaving you once again and heading south to Lugano.

    ReplyDelete