2 Apr 2013

Winter camp Davos 1.4.2013

Monday, April 1st, 2013
Aujourd’hui, le temps était absolument fantastique point de vue de la température et luminosité. Avec un ciel bleu pur, tous les skieurs/snowboardeurs de notre groupe étaient tous hyper motivés.
Off-piste
-Mandolyn Houriet
Off-piste; now THAT sounds pretty intense! As monitor Phillippe-the off-piste fanatic- announced this option to the agenda, I being a fast but totally un-technical skier hesitated at putting my hand up. Mentally, I was with the “fast skiing” group. Should I stay, or should I go with Phillip’s group? Slowly, I rose my hand, feeling quite proud of myself to take that step. Little did I know just how un-technical I was until I completely bailed hard on the first turn on the powdered slope.
Approximately 10 wipeoutslater…
Yeah okay, this is no piece of cake. I just flew uncontrollably and almost hit a tree, lost a ski as well as one of my poles and did some interesting face plants. But that’s totally okay, because at this very moment, I am surfing over this ocean of perfectly untouched powder, a truly remarkable and amazing feeling! I have never experienced anything like this before: you feel so powerful, like you are soaring high above everything and everyone.
Alexander sais
“Although there is the preconceived notion that sledding is less extreme than skiing or snowboarding, this could not be further from the truth. In my sledding experience, I reached speeds of epic proportion! It was also good to, while relaxing the muscles used for snowboarding, still experience the thrill of high speed on snow. The few accidents just added laughter to the mix. Luckily no one got hurt, although the levels of fear where unfathomably high.”





No comments:

Post a Comment